Wednesday, July 25, 2007

God Has A Sense Of Humour

I brought mum for her treatment in the morning. I decided to also ask the doctor to check on her back. They did an x-ray on her and found no abnormalies. Praise the Lord. While waiting for her I basically went to Botanic Gardens to spend some time in quiet. I took the time to pray and also to write some thoughts down in my journal.

I was just evaluating why yesterday I felt a little lousy and I guess it is a combination of stuff - mainly mum's fall the day before, my struggle as to how much care and concern I should show to my siblings-in-Christ and friends (sometimes I feel I am over-doing things for people), my role as a Missions Ministry chairperson (I know I have not put my heart and soul into this because of mum's health issue and also fatigue in general) and also wondering about my stand-by next week (an obligation all men in Singapore have towards the nation) whether I would be called up.

Anyway, I submitted all the above-mentioned to the Lord. I was also praying for a few people and while doing that, I received a prompting to do something for someone. I followed up on it after sending mum home. I am thankful there may be some fruit from the enquiry made when I went to the shop where the item was bought. I basically need the Lord to now speak to the management whether the product can be exchanged on a one-to-one basis as it was, to a large extent, due to manufacturer's defect.

Something funny happened in the process of doing the above-mentioned. Initially I thought this product was bought from another shop. I actually called my ex-army friend who now works for that company. He was kind and helpful enough to see how he could assist. As I do not have the product number, I basically described to him the colour and all. We hung up after discussing all the options and to follow up on it when I have more details.

Then I went to the shop where I thought the product was bought from and could not find it. I even described it to the salesperson. Initially I thought that design was sold out and told them it was alright. I was about to go to another retail outlet to enquire when it dawned upon me that it might not have been purchased from that shop. True enough, the item was bought from another shop. I felt so bad that I actually called my ex-army friend to apologise. We both laughed about it.

So much for this funny incident. Eventually I hope I can have the item replaced. Well, I am now in Starbucks Cafe in Suntec City. Since I am here and there is free wireless access, I thought I just blog a little before I meet some brothers-in-Christ for a time of fellowship over dinner. I also need to run some errands.

Well, I guess God has a good sense of humour - knowing that I am a little down, He allowed the above incident to lighten things up and to bring a smile to my face. Thanks be to Him for that!

Alright, I shall stop here and move on with my errands. On with my day's adventure - whatever that is left of it.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments: