Friday, July 06, 2007

Hold Fast To The Lord

I am now in church. I just had dinner. I went down to buy food for two other persons. The whole afternoon I have been here - had to attend a meeting which I am thankful to the Lord for as it has thrown some light to the matter that I am looking into pertaining to the Missions Ministry. Well, the road ahead is still quite long but I shall press on and trust that the Lord will lead and guide me accordingly.

I woke up early to collect some health supplements from a dear brother-in-Christ. As he was finishing his shift soon, I had to quickly catch him before he left for home. He offered to send them to me personally but I felt it was not right to request from him the supplements and still expect him to deliver them to my place. Anyway, I treated him to breakfast as a token of my appreciation. We had a great time of fellowship - talking about our lives, our struggles, mum, and church ministries.

I praise the Lord for this dear friend as he has been there for my family especially when he heard about mum's cancer. He has also been helping me obtain supplements at a good deal whenever I need them.

When I was sharing with my friend about some burdens I have been carrying, he encouraged me to hold fast to the faith I have in the Lord. He was telling me burdens are sometimes good to carry for a while because ultimately when it is lifted off me (when the Lord feels that it is time to do so), the feeling is really great. The sudden lightness will propel me to thank the Lord for the journey travelled and to cherish the lessons learnt. He reminded me that God does not torture His children, He is just nurturing them. Food for thought for me.

I ran some errands after that - I wanted to donate blood after meeting my friend but when I went to the blood bank I was told I am not due yet for the next donation.

I am feeling quite lousy today - cannot really pinpoint why. Maybe it is a combination of a few things. Then I was reminded again to be joyful in the Lord always. I was in the toilet just now - I looked at myself in the mirror, adjusted my cheeks and lips to a smiling position. I think I look better smiling than sulking. I shall heed the Lord's advice and find joy even when it is tough at times. :)

Anyway, I shall end here. This weekend is basically filled up with wedding photography assignments for a brother-in-Christ's wedding. I am quite stressed by this as I always fear the pictures will not turn out fine. I pray the Lord will just help me along tomorrow and on Sunday.

Well, thanks be to God for everything that happened today.

"The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him." Deuteronomy 13:3b-4

No comments: