Tuesday, July 17, 2007

God's Will Be Done

I just spent some moments with mum in prayer - tomorrow she'll be going for her sixth radiotherapy session and after that she'll undergo a scan for the doctor to ascertain the progress of the treatment so far.

I am anxious. She is too. In fact my whole family is. Well, I am thankful we went to God in prayer, asking the Lord to prepare our hearts for the results. I shared with the family that just as much as we want to pray for healing for mum, we also need to pray for the Lord's will to be done in her life and in the lives of the rest of us. Well, we gave thanks for everything that had happened already and those that are to come. I think that allowed us not to demand of God for what we want but to believe that what He has put us through is for our good and the building of our faith and family.

Well, I shall leave my thoughts as that for now. I shan't write further today though I have a couple of things to share. Another day perhaps.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

No comments: