Saturday, July 28, 2007

Placing Our Lives Upon God's Altar

This morning I brought mum to the hospital to check on the swell. The doctor did an x-ray and after examined mum's head, he said there is probably a little blood clot. He said it has to be monitored and if the swell does not subside after one week, he will have to drain it out, just in case if it affects the brain. He also told us to keep a watch on mum's condition - at any time if she is unwell, he advised us to bring her in for another check-up.

Well, it is a wait-and-see situation - sometimes I do not like this kind of scenario as it keeps one in suspense and lately, there is enough of it that I feel too tired to handle them.

Anyway, I am thankful that there was no crack of the skull and the doctor said it would just be a minor procedure to drain the clot. He did warn that we take precuationary measures so as to minimise the possibility of another fall. Though I agreed with him, I really do not know how else to prevent it. I mean, mum can fall anytime and anywhere... so how to ensure these kinds of accidents do not happen again? Maybe the best measure is to pray. Maybe I should pray that there will not be another fall again. Previously I did pray but what I asked of the Lord was that should mum fall, that it would not be a serious one. I guess I should also pray that He strengthens mum's legs. Well, we shall see.

I am now in Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean. I decided to get out of the house for a breather. It is sad that I have to go out to be refreshed but I really need it. Initially I was planning to run some errands but some youths asked me to join them for a game of bowling. I shall do that and maybe release some of my stress by rolling those heavy balls and strike the pins down.

I did not sleep well last night - in fact, I dozed off on the couch in my living room while reading. Once in while I would wake up. Twice when that happened, I saw my parents' room-lights were on and I went in to find out whether all was okay. I am glad nothing happened - mum just needed to go to the restroom during those two occasions.

I am not prepared for my service tomorrow as a drummer. It is hard to give thanks since yesterday but I am trying. This morning when I spent some time in prayer before sending mum to the hospital, I was reminded of the song that I was given during the Worship Team devotion to reflect on. The words read...

Upon Your Altar

Verse:
Holy Father, we humbly bow to worship.
God, the Son, with grateful heart of praise.
Holy Spirit, please work Your power amongst us on this day
as we purpose to serve You and obey.

Chorus:
Upon Your altar, O Lord,
we place our lives
as a holy, acceptable sacrifice of praise.
Upon Your altar, O Lord,
we place our lives
as a holy acceptable sacrifice of praise.

Well, it is my prayer and desire that I will be a holy acceptable sacrifice of praise to the Lord tomorrow as I play. I guess I will just have to place my life and my family's upon the altar and trust that God will continue to take care of us.

Alright, time to stop for now.

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased." Hebrews 13:15-16

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:13-16

No comments: