Sunday, July 15, 2007

Great Significance - Can I?

I learnt a few lessons today - in fact two were from the service. The sermon was on "Redemptive Significance" and it was a good reminder for me especially as a Christian in this world and as a friend to another.

As a Christian, I learnt the need to live my life in a manner that I can allow others to see Christ working in me as a testimony. But when I was pondering on that point, there was a battle as in how can I live that kind of life? Must it be one where I have to be super-spiritual? I asked the Lord about this and my take is that no one can - as in Christians are still humans and humans err. I guess I can only live as much as I can a life that is pleasing in God's sight. I also need to have a desire where I yearn to allow God to mould and transform me accordingly especially my sins and shortcomings. It will take time for others to see a transformation but I guess that is alright. To me, that is the most effective way in reaching out to others. Through this, not many words need to be spoken to convince, just allowing others to see the change in me is enough to testify that the God whom I worship is real and true. I can be of great significance in the sight of others if I choose to do so. It is my prayer that I can be.

As a friend, I want to make a difference in someone's life. In my blog yesterday, I shared about how I sometimes feel I repel others more than I attract. I cannot deny I have my shortcomings and weaknesses which sometimes, if not kept in check, may put others off. It is a constant struggle. A dear sister spoke to me on this issue last night and she asked whether it is due to low self-esteem. I cannot deny that as well. Frankly I do not generally have much confidence in myself when I am with people. Many times I struggle a lot to not show it and I always thank God for reminding me that I have Him to lead and guide me. I guess it is due to past failures that cause me to have this insecurity. Still learning about this aspect of my life. I guess I am trying my best to be as best a friend to another - sometimes I pass; sometimes I fail. Hope all will bear with me when the latter happens.

The other lesson I learnt at service got to do with my role as a worship leader. Though I have been leading worship for years, I am thankful that God is still teaching me new things through others who care to point out some areas in which I can improve on. A dear brother shared with me after the service that I should not use the points to be preached in the sermon in the praise segment as it will then become repetitive. My initial purpose of doing that was to reinforce the theme of the service but I guess what my brother shared made sense as well. Praise the Lord for teaching me in this area.

Well, I guess that is all I want to share for today. I am feeling a little unwell - very lethargic and body feels weak. I hope I can sleep it off tonight and be well tomorrow.

To God be the glory for everything. Journey goes on in the brand new week ahead - making a conscious effort to be a blessing to the people I will be meeting along the way - family members; friends; acquaintances, strangers, needy, anyone basically. :)

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us." 1 Peter 2:9-12

No comments: