Monday, April 30, 2007

The Lord Protects!

Something happened when I was going through my driving lesson this afternoon. At around 1:45, while I was at the junction of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9, Yio Chu Kang Road and Lentor Avenue, two cars behind mine banged into each other and narrowly missed the car I was in by about 5cm.

It was so loud that it gave me a scare. The boot of the car directly behind mine was bashed up quite badly and the bonnet of the other vehicle was equally bad. The lady driver in the car behind was very shaken but I thank the Lord both drivers seemed okay.

My instructor and I came out to see whether every one was fine. After he checked our car, he asked me to drive on. Since he was the instructor I just did what he said. As I drove on, I just said a quick prayer for the two drivers and hoped the Lord will help them in the settlement of the damages caused.

It was such a close shave. When I heard the bang, I instinctively gripped my steering wheel so tightly. I do not know why I did that though. Anyway, thanks be to God again.

After going back to the driving centre, I wanted to have my lunch but I was still quite shaken by the near-miss accident that I did not feel like eating anymore. I basically walked around Ang Mo Kio Hub, bought some groceries and headed home.

I guess that is all I have to share for today.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

No comments: