Sunday, April 15, 2007

God Is Always Present Anytime, Anywhere

I came back not too long ago from a time of shopping and dinner with a dear friend. It was a great time of fellowship with her as we looked around for a pair of running shoes at Queensway Shopping Centre and then feasting at Ikea.

Actually we did not plan to do the above-mentioned. She was supposed to go roller-blading while I was going to do my usual run with the MacRitchie Running Fellowship. Then when we were at a meeting, it started to rain and everything was cancelled.

While we were chatting after everything was over, we decided to shop and eat since we had nothing much to do for the evening.

Oh yah, we were sharing that even in shopping, we can trust God to provide for us the best deal. The reason we mentioned this was due to the fact that we were hoping to get a relatively good pair of shoes at a reasonable price. My friend saw a pair that fits her type of feet and the colour was wonderful but the price was a little expensive.

I was prompted to pray - hoping that God would provide an avenue in which we could still get that pair of shoes but at a lower price. Well, I did pray and guess what? He did answer!

I was reminded of mum's ex-client whom she used to supply some sports equipment to. I called mum and then after that she channelled me to her ex-client. I gave him the model number of the shoes, the size and the colour. After checking with his staff, he told me he had the stocks. He even gave my friend and I a good price which amazingly was close to the budget we initially set when we left church.

I praise the Lord that even in shopping He is there to provide. I am also happy for my dear friend that she managed to buy a pair of shoes that she likes and still within her budget. Thanks be to God! He is truly gracious! :)

We also shared a lot about how God has been great in many ways in the lives of some of our friends and also in ministries. We also talked about some struggles. It was to me a time of refreshing and affirmation.

Today God has been good in giving me the strength to go through a hectic day in church. In the morning I had to teach at the Youth Ministry. I praise the Lord that many of the youths dedicated their lives to allow the Holy Spirit to control their actions when they are in a trying situation. I was ministered by God Himself too as I saw how He moved. Glory be to Him!

After that I had two others meetings pertaining to mission trips for this year by three different ministries. It is great to know how God has prompted these groups to take a step of faith to go forth to a land unknown to them but yet trusting that He would use them to minister! I enjoyed the time of meet and I looked forward to what is ahead though there are a lot of work to be done.

Well, I guess I shall end here. I am actually quite tired now. I am feeling good though especially when I have experienced how God worked today in both big and small ways. :)

Have a blessed week ahead!

"Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3

No comments: