Monday, April 23, 2007

The Flesh Is Weak

I wanted to blog last night but in the end I could not as I was trying to rectify a synchronisation problem between my computer and my Personal Digital Assistant (PDA).

I came home around 7:30pm from my Malaysia trip. I started working on the technical glitch around 8pm. Even till 12am, I was still unable to solve the fault. It irked me quite a bit.

I gave up after that and decided to go to bed. To a certain extent I was caught off-guard again and I have allowed a problem between two gadgets to affect my evening. It was not worth the while but I still fell into the devil's trap.

From being frustrated with two machines, another incident caused me to be agitated with humans next. As I was dealing with the above-mentioned, mum came into my room and told me that she wants to change her birthday celebration from Wednesday to today. As I had plans made regarding work and also reserved a table at the restaurant for the celebration already, I told her I could not and started kicking a fuss.

I could have controlled myself and see whether I can change my appointment for tonight, which in the end was possible, before I kind of snapped. So everything added up to the fire that was already raging in me.

Anyway, I explained to mum in the end why I was in a foul mood and she said it was okay. Well, hopefully tonight she will enjoy herself.

All I have mentioned so far, I knew I could have controlled them and I even reminded myself to be careful and yet I still failed. I guess my flesh is still weak. I pray the Lord will help me as I press on to overcome this area of my shortcoming.

The trip to Malacca was okay. We shopped quite a bit and ate a lot! I had a total of 5 bowls of chendol in that two days spent in the Malaysian state. We had chicken rice balls, mee suah with oysters, Peranakan food like Buah Keluak, pineapple tarts from a famous Peranakan shop (I also bought a couple of boxes home for my family and friends), other Peranakan desserts, etc.

Never have I felt so bloated after each meal but it was a good time spent as the running gang ate and fellowshipped. We did not run but we walked quite a lot. In all I think we covered about 15km. Well, at least that helped burn some of the food we ate.

Praise the Lord for the two days of break.

I am supposed to plan the songs for this Sunday's worship at the 11:15am service. I intend to send the list out to the Worship Team before Wednesday. Currently I do not have the desire to think of them yet. I pray the Lord will help me as I go through this day by prompting me what the church should sing and what I should do as I lead.

I shall get back to work now.

Thanks be to God for the weekend. Looking forward to yet another week of adventure.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41

No comments: