Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Faith Moves Mountains

I just came back from the Unusual 24/7 Prayer session that I was talking about in my previous blog.

I was with two other brothers-in-Christ from the MacRitchie Running Fellowship (MRF). Initially I thought one hour of prayer for the world, the church and for ourselves is kind of long. Well, I was wrong. In fact I found it too short. By the time I realised it, 60 minutes have passed and the next group had already arrived to take over the next shift.

That said, I really praise God that the three of us got together to pray. We wished more from the team would come but probably they had something on. Though this group has been around for more than 15 years exercising our physical bodies, we realised, to a certain extent, we have failed to account to each other our spiritual bodies. The three of us were moved to pray for this area of concern.

Yes, there is always a time for this and that but I learnt after this time of prayer that sometimes we just cannot disconnect the spiritual from the other activities of our lives. Like it or not, it is always linked.

One of my brothers, while praying, felt that he has slackened in his walk with the Lord and that he has not carried out the responsibilities God has given him as the head of the household. He was convicted to overcome this complacency and to do something about it. He also felt that he wants to serve God in a ministry and that he will not let ill-discipline stop him from doing so.

It is very heartening to always see how God moves individuals to act when they chose to do the 'right' thing, even if it is not regularly practised in that person's life. My brother was sharing that he is probably the last person in the group to want to come to church at an unearthly hour to pray but he felt God prompting him to do so and he obeyed.

Well, all thanks be to God for the above-mentioned testimony. I remembered a few other people as I was praying. I basically lifted my hands to God and asked Him to preserve their souls and be there for them though some have chosen not to believe in Him anymore. Well, that is how much I can do for them and the rest I will leave it to His transforming power to bring about a revival in these lives. One day I know my prayers will be answered and I will continue to cling to that hope God has given me in Christ Jesus!

I was quite tired when I entered the Prayer Chapel but I left the place refreshed and renewed. I know the Lord will speak to the rest who have signed up to participate in this week-long prayer. In fact, I am sure God will move the church and make her into a house of prayer! I am looking forward to more time spent with Him on Wednesday and Friday.

I shall end here. Time to rest my physical body. Lord, into Your hands I commit my spirit.

"...... I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20-21

No comments: