Thursday, April 26, 2007

When Down, Look Up

I wanted to run this morning but it was raining.

Anyway, I went for my driving lesson. While I was at the wheel, I was just wondering to myself whether all these effort of trying and trying and having spent so much money is worth it at all at the end of the day. An older sister-in-Christ failed her test yesterday and it was her second try.

Of course it is good to have that green-coloured card, which I believe is one of the most expensive plastic one can ever own in Singapore, but if I have to spend so much (be it effort or money) to obtain it, should I reconsider pursuing it and channel the resources to other purposes instead?

Anyway, I was sharing with the instructor the above-mentioned throughout the 100 minutes we were together. He was probably dying listening to my blabbing. Poor guy! It was quite funny when we arrived at the centre that he told me not to give up since I have already come so far. He asked me what were some of the problems I faced and told me to be "zai" ("calm"). Mr. Ong could have walked off after suffering in my presence for so long but he took the effort to help me. I appreciated that lots.

Next, I went to the Coffee Bean outlet in Ngee Ann City to prepare two things: the worship session that I am leading at the 11:15am service; and the mission training session that I am facilitating after that. This Sunday is going to be packed for me.

Anyway, I found it hard to focus initially. My mind was thinking of a few people and stuff. In the end I just spent some time in prayer. It was weird to pray in a crowded place but I needed to. I did not care whether people found me weird or not but at that time, I needed God to help me.

Well, it did help and I spent the next three hours writing my thoughts down. I have not finished the preparations but by tomorrow I should be able to, by God's grace.

I sensed the devil is going to use a few things that I am struggling with now to distract me from what I am to do this week especially Sunday. I guess I need to be on my guard. It is quite draining but for the sake of the ministries I am doing, I have to be extra careful.

I came back in the evening and since the weather was fine, I decided to go for a run. It was refreshing. I am working hard to exercise on a regular basis so that I can stay healthy and lose the extra pounds - I hope the Lord will help me press on because there is always this inertia to do so.

When I was done with that, I went up to my flat to bring my dog down for a walk. She was quite funny when she saw me entering the door. She basically went to the table, took the harness and dropped it where my feet were. This is the first time she is doing this and I was quite amused by her action.

Oh yah, yesterday was mum's birthday but since we celebrated on Monday already, there was nothing on except for dad spending time with her out somewhere. I did buy something for her though - I got her favourite mango cake and she was quite surprised when she saw it as she entered the flat. Glad she enjoyed it.

Okie, time for me to keep quiet. I talk a lot today. Pity Mr. Ong and all who will be reading today's blog. Sorry. One of those days! :)

Thanks be to God, anyway!

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

No comments: