Monday, April 23, 2007

Acknowledge God At All Times

My chest feels congested now and it has been for the past one hour or so. I hope it will be okay by tomorrow after a night's sleep.

As I blog, my heart is feeling troubled over a matter but a dear friend reminded me to hope in the Lord. I will do just that. Before I came on this website, I spent some time in prayer and submitted my burden to Him. I guess when my human abilities cannot solve this issue then the only other way is to look up to God for help.

Actually the last sentence is wrong - Even if my human abilities allow me to overcome certain problems of my life, I still need God to help me. He should not be my last resort but instead He should always be my ever-present help in times of need.

Thanks be to God for that reminder.

This evening my family and I celebrated mum's birthday. We had international buffet at a hotel in Orchard Road. Though we had a small conflict last night, I am grateful to God that all went well as planned. It was a great time of feasting and celebration. Managed to get dad to serenade mum with the help of the restaurant's roving musicians.

Well, I am happy that my relationship with mum has improved over the years. I will continue to work on deepening our bond and may the Lord help me in this.

I went to church to pass my dear friend and the rest of the staff the pineapple tarts that I bought in Malacca. I am glad they liked the pastries.

I spent the rest of the afternoon preparing the songs for this Sunday's worship. Initially I really struggled to ponder on what the Lord wants me to do. I took some time to pray and worship Him. I borrowed a guitar and basically sang some songs of praise.

Well, in the end I managed to get the list out. I have yet to email it to the Worship Team. I shall wait till tomorrow afternoon to do so. I thought I take more time to seek the Lord as to whether the songs are appropriate. So far, I seem to have peace in the choices I have made.

Praise the Lord for prompting me accordingly and giving me a fruitful and refreshing time of worship.

I do not know why but I have this hunch that a couple of things this week may not run smoothly. I pray the Lord will go ahead of me and grant me wisdom and strength to overcome any obstacles that may come my way. I also pray that His name be glorified in all I do and say.

I shall end here.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Psalm 46:1-3

No comments: