Monday, April 16, 2007

The Joy Experienced When God Answers Prayers

I just came home from church. I was there to pass my dear friend the running shoes I collected for her from my mum's ex-client's shop. I hope she will be able to run faster and enjoy it even more now that she has this new pair of top-of-the-range, state-of-the-art shoes. :)

I had a drink with my mum's ex-client after I made the payment. It was to thank him for giving my friend and I such a good deal. I enjoyed catching up with him after so many years of non-communication. Though we do not know each other that well, a common topic like soccer allowed us to talk so freely and candidly. By the way to all Manchester United, Chelsea and AC Milan fans, both of us agreed that Liverpool will once again win the Champions League Cup. And just to clear the air, my mum's ex-client is a Red Devil's fan.

Anyway, when my friend opened the shoe-box, I was surprised to see three pairs of Adidas socks next to the shoes. As they were neatly packed, I ruled out they were in there by accident. I called my mum's ex-client and he said they were complimentary. He also mentioned it was to thank me for paying for his drink. Haha.

This is just so comical. I treated him to a drink to thank him for the discount and then he gave me the socks to thank me for the treat. :)

Well, so much for this interesting encounter. I decided to walk from church to the main road to catch a bus home. As I was walking I talked to God about a couple of things. I was actually asking Him whether sometimes I need to keep telling Him through prayer what's in my heart when He actually knows the burdens in there. I was also enquiring whether there is such a thing as praying without ceasing for certain things and through this persistence in prayer, He knows that I am truly serious and sincere about the items I asked for and in His time He would answer my pleas.

Well, after doing that I kept quiet and walked on. I could hear Him speaking to me. The conclusion for the above-mentioned, to me, is this - yes, it is true that God knows every thought in my heart and He also knows my motives but it does not mean that I do not pray and ask Him for and about those burdens in me. This is basically putting my faith into action. Once I have presented my requests onto His throne of grace, the rest is up to Him to answer in His time and not based on demands, which sometimes our prayers can be.

I found peace and headed home.

Oh yah, a couple of weeks ago I shared about how empty and lost I felt as to how to stir the missions ministry so that the church can be more involved in this call that God has given to all Christians. Well, then when I was frustrated and drained, I thought there is no hope but lately God has been showing me that He has heard my cries.

Without me even communicating regularly with those whose hearts are for missions, God has been speaking to us all and we have been receiving the same message. Even just now when I was in church and happened to bum into my Pastor-in-charge, she shared with me some burdens she has for missions. When I was listening to her, I just smiled as it was exactly the same message that a few of us have been receiving lately.

All these served as a confirmation that God is still working and now we just have to listen to His leading and move along with it.

I was also talking to one of the Lay Ministry Staff (LMS) overseeing missions. While we were discussing about the mission trip in June, she was suggesting some things that the team can do when they are in Cambodia. Again as I was listening, I was smiling because what I told the participants on Sunday when I met them for a briefing regarding ideas were exactly what the LMS shared.

Wow! I just stand amazed as in how the Holy Spirit works in unison and never contradicts when God so desires for things to happen in a ministry or a church.

I shared all these with my dear friend and we just agreed that it is really wonderful to know how God is working in the midst of His people.

I actually have one more thing to share - as I was talking to the LMS, she was telling me that lately she has been thinking of a dear sister and she misses her. I guess God is prompting her to catch up with this sister and I hope something good will come forth from this.

Well, I have nothing else to say except these words, "Thanks and glory be to God Almighty for all that happened today!"

I shall end here. I am leaving for church again to pray with a few siblings-in-Christ between 12:00 to 1:00am. My church is currently committing herself to keep praying without ceasing the whole of this week. One group will hand over to the other and this will go on 24 hours a day; 7 days a week!

I will share the experience when I am done. For now, I shall look forward to it.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!'" And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:1-8

No comments: