Saturday, April 28, 2007

What Should I Bring Before God In Worship?

I am very thankful to God today for all that He has done for me. I went to church in the late morning to prepare for the worship and mission training sessions for Sunday. It was truly by God's grace all these went smoothly because I still had a lot to do though I started yesterday.

The Worship Team rehearsal was refreshing. Usually we would rush into the practice but tonight we spent about 20 minutes sharing about the Word on sacrifices to God which are simply a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart. That is all the Lord asked for when we come before Him in worship and it was a good reminder for the team.

Sometimes we feel that we have to play sophisticatedly in order for the worship to be good. It is always a great thing to be creative but what is more fundamental is the need for all to know the reasons we are doing it. Sometimes we may fall into the trap of glorifying self than God. It is so easy to do that which was precisely the cause of Lucifer's (Satan's) fall when he wanted to take the glory away from God to himself.

We still ended the rehearsal on time. I could see every team member leaving the Worship Hall still joyful and refreshed. Thanks be to God! It was also encouraging to see a brother from the Youth Ministry team playing the drums. He struggled initially but at the end of it all, God guided him and he blended in well with the rest. Hallelujah! :)

I shall end here. Looking forward to the weekend though it is going to be a long one on Sunday. Tomorrow should be fun as I am going to attend a concert in Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School and then after have dinner with a dear friend.

To God be the glory for today!

"O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:15-17

No comments: