Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pray First, Question Later

I just spent some time thanking God for today and also praying for a few people - some I have been praying for a while; some when I sense something may not be right with them at the time when I see or think of them.

I struggle quite a bit about the second group of people because I depend solely on my feelings. I admit sometimes I may be wrong but no matter what, whenever I am prompted to pray for those I am burdened for at a given time, I would just do so. I also struggle whenever I want to take a step further by asking them whether they are really alright. I fear they may give me this "huh?" reaction because my hunches may not be accurate.

Anyway, I guess I will still keep praying for others be it whether my guesses may be right or wrong. I think it is better to pray first and question later because it may be too late if I start rationalising.

I do ask the Lord occasionally to give me a heart of discernment so that I am certain of certain burdens I have for others. I am still learning and seeking. I hope one day the Lord will equip me accordingly.

I had a good run with a dear friend in the late morning at Bishan Park. Since the last run at Marina Bay, I have not been exercising. I am still quite ill-disciplined and also trying to get my momentum. I told my friend I intend to run every alternate days to strengthen my body but I realised saying is one thing, doing it is another.

After washing up, we had a rather late lunch at a Chinese restaurant. I forgot that my friend does not really like dim sum but I hope she enjoyed the food. This is also something I am learning because to be a friend to another, I guess it is important to know his or her likes and dislikes. I enjoyed our conversation though.

We went to Ngee Ann City next to collect a pair of shoes that my friend sent for repair. After that we took a bus to Bugis area where she went for a course while I headed to Sim Lim Square to check out some computer stuff.

As I did not want to lug all my running gears around especially to church which I was heading next, I detoured and headed for home first. I also changed to a more comfortable outfit.

I had to be a church as I needed to chair a missions meeting. As always, I praise the Lord for the unity of minds as we discussed about a couple of issues pertaining to the ministry. Though some may be very daunting, the committee members were still very joyful as we brainstormed together. I did not feel tired or discouraged whatsoever. Instead I am excited of what is ahead and I trust that the Lord will continue to lead and guide us accordingly.

Well, I guess that is all. I praise God for this day of fellowship with my dear friend and also with the Missions Committee members.

Thanks and glory be to God! :) I think I should sleep now as I have to be up by 5am to go for the Unusual 24/7 Prayer session. Looking forward to doing it with my accountability group partners.

"Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:1-10

No comments: