Friday, April 20, 2007

When Will It Ever Be Good Enough?

This evening as I was going home from church, I was just pondering on this act that I have always been committing which I feel is wrong. I am trying to overcome it and hope the Lord will help me.

Sometimes I have a negative perception of a person to the point where whatever he or she does is never good enough for me. It reaches to an extent where I know the person whom I have prejudiced against may find me proud and judgmental. In the process, I become a stumbling block to him or her.

I share this with regards to the incident I had this morning with my colleague. Though she made it a point to find out from me the exact details, I was still impatient with her simply because I have this negative view of her pertaining to her work performance and efficiency.

In behaving the way I did, I allowed pride to get the better of me and in doing so, I have stumbled her.

I also know of people who have certain impression of me to the point where whatever I say or do, the words and actions are never good enough for them. It is discouraging to be treated this way and yet sometimes I commit this same mistake on others. Here I am trying to overcome the weaknesses and shortcomings of my life so that I do not become a repellent to others and yet I am not given the chance to change for the better.

When then will it ever be good enough? That is the question I am still pondering upon.

I guess seeing people with the eyes of God is the best solution.

Just some thoughts which I have not really concluded. I hope I made sense in what I wrote above.

Anyway, I gave a talk about Cambodia to the Girls' Brigade. I hope they enjoyed it and may the Lord spur some of them to go for the trip at the end of the year. May they be blessed richly.

I shall end here. A group of siblings-in-Christ just called to ask me to join them for supper at Geylang. They want to eat Frog Porridge and Beef Hor Fun.

Though I have to be up early for the Malacca trip with the running gang, I decided to join them for the sake of fellowship. It is always a joy to be in their company.

I guess I will write again when I come back from Malaysia on Sunday night. Have a great and blessed weekend, everyone!

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." James 3:13-18

No comments: