Sunday, April 08, 2007

Right The Wrong

I have no qualms sharing this because it is something I have been constantly battling with lately. Have you ever had a struggle with a brother or sister that when you see each other, you just do not know how to carry yourself before the person? In your heart you know you should not avoid him or her but in the end, when you happened to see that individual, you just stayed clear.

Well, this is what I am experiencing now. It is a lousy feeling because I know what is the right thing to do but in the end my action does the opposite.

In my prayer on the above-mentioned, I asked God why this is so. My conclusion is basically these two words called "grudge" and "pride". Grudge as in I still find it hard to release the pain in me and always wondering why there is this unfairness. You know, the "What have I done so wrong to deserve this kind of treatment?" feeling. Pride as in "Why must I be the first to give in?" thought.

After I prayed, I was prompted to do something about it. I sent a short message to this particular individual and basically apologised for the way I behaved and also explained why I acted the way I did. I felt much better after that.

Tomorrow I will be leaving for an oversea assignment for four days, three nights. It is a task that I wish I need not have to carry out but I have to.

I have been to other assignments before but this is one trip that I have to prepare myself for the worst. I had to ensure that should anything happen to me, the insurance company and law firm will take care of my family and some people/organisations I am affiliated with.

I struggled initially whether I have to do all the above-mentioned. It felt as if I do not trust the Lord enough to take care of my family and others I love and care should there be an unforseen circumstance in the course of my assignment.

But as I prayed, I felt at peace. I reckoned it is my duty/responsibility as a son and as a friend that I needed to prepare the above administrative matters.

Well, I shall go for this trip by faith and trust that God will take care of the needs of every one back home and also my needs wherever I go. At the end of all, He is still in charge!

I hope I will have the opportunity to continue blogging when I am away. This coming Sunday I have to teach at the Youth Ministry. I hope the Lord will guide me in my preparations. A bit anxious that I may not have the time or the right frame of mind to do so.

Oh yah, I started the day in the wrong note. I dropped my coin pouch (with my keys in it) in the taxi when I was rushing for the Easter Sunrise Service. When I only knew about it after I went to the Plaza of the church, I was angry with myself for not checking before alighting. Then I was reminded of what Rev. Wee Boon Hup shared during one of the Holy Week services to give thanks in all circumstances. I did just that and realised that the frustration in me just went away. Thanks be to God for that. :)

Okie, I shall end here. Till I blog again, the Lord bless and keep you all!

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:18

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Ephesians 4:2-3

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3:12-14

No comments: