Monday, April 09, 2007

Till We Meet Again

I have just checked in and am waiting to board the aircraft. I thought I take this time to blog. I am feeling a little tired now - hopefully the Lord will sustain me throughout the flight. I doubt I will have much time to rest even after landing. Tomorrow morning there will be the second part of my assignment which involves flying again. Hopefully in between there will be pockets of time for me to catch a wink or two.

Before heading for the airport, I went to Vivocity to help a dear friend change her Adidas Polo-Tee. After a couple of washes, the colour started to fade on some parts of the clothing. I was worried that the staff would not replace the top for a new one as it has been almost one and a half months since it was bought. I prayed while on my way to the Mega-Mall - asking the Lord to help the staff understand the cause of the defect.

As I entered the store, I recognised a familiar face. A staff who has attended to me a couple of times before when I was there to buy other products was on duty then. I went and explained to him about the Polo-Tee. He also spoke to my friend on the phone to enquire more about the defect. After doing all that, he went to speak to his supervisor for advice.

Well, three things I want to thank God for: one was the store's willingness to change the Polo-Tee; two was their willingness to allow me to exchange the Polo-Tee for another of a lower price and using the remaining amount to buy another item; three was the discovery of another product of the same material having the same colour-fade problem. It was found out when the staff was filling up a "Goods Returned" form and he happened to chance upon a previous form indicating the same defect.

I hope my friend will like the new Polo-Tee I changed for her. I can only pass it to her when I come back. I wanted to do so after the exchange but had insufficient time. Actually she planned to go with me to the store but I was afraid if we do so after my trip, the store may not allow any exchange to be made due to the purchase date which was in February.

Talking about coming back, I still have this uneasiness about the trip. It is the first time I have this jitter in the many I have gone and I really do not know why. Anyway this morning when I was having fellowship wtih my accountability group partners, all of them prayed for my safety. I believe God has heard their prayers - all should be well.

I praise the Lord for taking care all of my needs today. I hope to blog again soon when I have the chance.

To God be the glory!

Bye!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments: