Friday, April 20, 2007

Be Sensitive To Others

This morning I went to church to attend the Unusual 24/7 Prayer session with my accountability group. Though I had to wake up very early and was very sleepy (still is), I decided not to let that put me down as I know I would have a refreshing time of communion with my Lord. I actually did and I praise Him for that.

But just a while ago I did something nasty to a colleague of mine. It is quite appalling for me to behave this way especially after a time of prayer earlier.

She basically called to ask me about some work matters. As I was sleepy and was not in the mood to talk about it, I just treated her very coldly during our conversation. A couple of times I kind of snapped at her for asking me to repeat some of the points. I just wanted to get her queries over and done with so that I could just catch a wink or two.

Well, naturally I could not sleep as I regretted my actions. I went out to my church's fire escape stairways and spent some time in prayer - seeking the Lord's forgiveness and also to give me the courage to apologise to my colleague for my rude behaviour.

I called and sought her forgiveness for my rudeness. I also explained why I reacted that way but they are by no means excuses for my childish and insensitive actions.

She told me it was okay and asked me to rest. The above incident is obviously one example of being not alert and in the process I have opened an avenue for the devil to lay a foothold in my life. I have also allowed selfish interest of wanting to have some sleep to overtake the opportunity to help a friend who is in need.

Though I did apologise to her, I believe the damage has been done and I know next time she would think twice before calling me to request for assistance.

Many times I wish others would not do this to me but now I am the one doing it to others.

Well, I hope I have learnt my lesson well and shall be careful next time.

I shall end here. Need to prepare for a talk to the Girls' Brigade.

Well, a good rebuke I received from the Lord today. I deserve it!

"It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall." Romans 14:21

"Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God..." 1 Corinthians 10:32

No comments: