Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Drawing The Line

I am facing a dilemma at work where I find it hard to accept an approach by a colleague who is of the same gender. It has been going on for a while already but I have not been confrontational with him as I do not wish to put him down for his actions.

Just as much as I would like to accept his personality, I think a line needs to be drawn and I am that close to telling him my stand. Eventually I will and I hope he gets the message.

It is not easy to deal with this - just as much as I accept my colleague as who he is, that does not mean I accept his lifestyle. I have hinted to him before that I am not interested but obviously it was not clear enough.

I spoke to another colleague who was approached before and I think it is important to have another party around should there be a need to confront. It is a dirty job but if there is a need to, I guess I will.

I hesitate in blogging this but I decided to do so to make it clear that I do not condemn my colleague. Just that if it becomes too awkward a situation, I have to stand my ground and let him know my uneasiness.

I shall leave it as that for now. I guess I need a lot of grace here. I could have been blunt but it is a wrong thing to do. May the Lord be my help in dealing with this situation.

Anyway, this afternoon I met a dear sister-in-Christ for a late lunch in Marina Square. Though it was just an hour of fellowship, I praise the Lord for the time spent in catching up with her. She treated me to a complimentary dessert of two scoops of ice-cream at her work-place. They were delicious. After that, we went to have sushies. It has been a while since I had Japanese food so it was nice to chomp down all my favourite flavours.

I had to run some errands in the heart of the business district after the meal and in the evening I met another friend at my place. We needed to get some stuff done and I praise the Lord all went well.

I am actually very tired now but I will probably stay up all the way to watch the Chelsea-Liverpool Champions League semi-final match later at 2am. I wanted to watch this morning's Manchester United-AC Milan match but decided against it as I needed to work. I was disappointed the Red Devils won in the first leg and I am sure one of my younger sisters-in-Christ is very happy now that her favourite team won. If she is reading this blog, I think she would know I am referring to her. :) Congratulations, anyway! At least for now. Hee.

Alright, I guess that is all for now. An eventful day indeed for me - very draining though, physically, emotionally and mentally.

No matter what, thanks be to God!

The passage below may not necessarily be in line with what I shared in the opening paragraphs but I still find it appropriate. I basically need to be wise in the way I act toward outsiders and also to let them know about my beliefs as a Christian. Though they may not accept them, at least they know where I stand. They may question but this is where I need God to give me the grace to answer their doubts and not judge them for our differing views on certain matters.

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6

1 comment:

VIJAY YELMELWAR said...

GOOD ARTICLE. PL. CARRY ON