Wednesday, October 10, 2007

There Need A Time For Everything

This morning I got a call from a tour agency regarding an enquiry I made about air-ticket prices to Phnom Penh, Cambodia for next month. I got two scares - one was the high price of the tickets; and the other was that all flights during the intended period of travel for the Mission and Vacation-With-A-Purpose teams are full.

I quickly rang the church office and requested for one of the staff to call the usual agency that we have been engaging to try to secure the tickets for teams as their quotation was lower.

Though I was busy at work, I had no choice but to call every member of both teams to confirm their particulars. After that I hurriedly sent an email to the church office staff. So far no news yet from the agency. It is my prayer, even as I type this line, that the Lord will make a way for all the team members.

Well, the outcome is not in my hand now but the Lord's. I guess in time to come, I will update accordingly. Though there are a total of 16 adults and 4 children going, which is an encouraging sign, I cannot deny that this is the first time I am handling so many individuals going on a trip to Cambodia. I see this as a good problem and I shall trust the Lord to lead me along as I help every one prepare for the trip.

This afternoon, in the midst of my anxieties over the air-ticketing issue, I took some time to be quiet before the Lord in prayer. In that time spent with Him, I was also rebuked and I think it is a good wake-up call for me.

Though I have responsibilities given to me from church and there are many matters crying out for attention, I realised that I cannot mix up my work in the secular world with that of church's. There need to be a time for everything and I have to be a good steward in these areas.

If you are still blur reading the last paragraph - I basically meant that I cannot use work-time to do church stuff which a couple of times I have done so. I feel it is not right. I need to be a good testimony to my bosses and also my colleagues. I do not wish to stumble them should one day they come to know of this. In fact, by typing this out, some of them would know eventually but I am not going to hide this because it is a realisation that it is wrong and I am learning from this.

Well, it is going to be a struggle because church work is very much part of me but now that I have started work again, I need to learn to draw the line. I guess this is the priority issue that I mentioned a couple of blogs back.

May the Lord be my help in this.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11a

No comments: