Monday, October 22, 2007

Guarding Our Heart And Mouth

I was out with my colleagues for lunch along Clarke Quay. We went to Cafe Iguana - all excited to have a sumptuous meal after a whole morning of meeting. While waiting for our food, three men in their office outfits sat next to our table. Their presence just spoilt our afternoon.

They were talking so loudly that we could hear everything. Frankly, we would rather not hear the topic of their conversation as it was not too pleasant for two of my lady-colleagues. These insensitive individuals were talking about their weekend escapades and of course it had to do with some sexual activities they got themselves into. How shameless can that be?!

Anyway, it reached a point where I just could not help it and went to look for the restaurant manager. I related to him about how disrespectful the three were regarding their 'sharing' and requested that the manager speak to them.

He did. Of course the men were not too happy when told to lower their voices and change their topic. I could hear one of them asking the manager who made the report. The manager refused to reveal. Five minutes after the manager spoke to these persons, they left.

I thank God for that but I also whispered a prayer for them that He opens the eyes of these three young chaps and may they turn away from their sinful ways. It is just so sad that they did not feel ashamed at all in talking about their sexual acts so openly and being indifferent about it.

What a start to a brand new work-week. Anyway, we went on with our lunch and it was back to another meeting in the afternoon. It was a short one and we left for home at around 4pm.

I went back to wash up and went out again as I needed to buy some new working clothes. I brought my parents along and got them some clothes as well. In the end I only ended up with one pair of slacks. Haha. Well, I was pleased with the purchase and I was also satisfied with the service of the departmental store. They altered the length of the slacks in 15 minutes.

We went to have dinner after that. We had sushies at Sushi Tei.

Okie, time for me to go play with my doggy.

"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. "Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.'" Matthew 15:16-20

No comments: