Monday, October 08, 2007

Better Is Open Rebuke Than Hidden Love

I just watched the Liverpool vs Tottenham match and almost died of a heart-attack. I was telling a sister-in-Christ that one day it might just happen as I always get very tense and worked up each time I watch the Reds play. Well, the game ended in a draw with Torres saving his team from the blushes by scoring a last-minute goal!

It has been a lousy weekend when it comes to sports - Liverpool drew; Australia and New Zealand lost their quarter-finals Rugby World Cup matches; and my touch-rugby team also lost.

I am actually very tired now as I have been out since 7:30am. The whole day I have been in church till 5pm - I had to attend all three services because of the installation of the Local Church Executive Committee.

I also needed to conduct the mission training for the Mission and Vacation-With-A-Purpose (VWAP) teams. Two members from the VWAP team had to withdraw from the trip as they have to travel to another country during the mission trip period. Though we lost two, God added two new members and they will be part of the Mission team. Praise Him for that!

During the training session, I want to thank God for one of the members who cared enough to tell me about an insensitive action of mine. I was sharing with the participants that all Christians need to show concern for all (Christians and non-Christians alike) when it comes to answering God's Great Commission. I included Christians here as it is important for them to care enough to challenge each other to live out this call God has given.

The dear sister-in-Christ pointed out that though she and her husband know that I am the Missions Chairperson and would love to know more about this ministry, it has been so hard for them to approach me as I always seemed to be busy on Sundays. This serves as a good reminder for me that though I am really busy, I also need to learn to slow down and spend some time to fellowship with the members of the church. If I am always not there to share with them about the Missions Ministry, who would?

I thanked the sister for sounding this off to me and from next Sunday onwards, I will make a conscious effort to integrate more with my siblings-in-Christ. I am always grateful for such loving rebuke as I believe it takes one who cares enough to point out another's shortcoming or weakness so that he can overcome it and be a more effective minister to others. That sister, just before the groups broke up for their respective discussions, came to me and encouraged me to press on in this ministry that I am serving.

Well, the above experience again serves as a booster in my service to the Lord and His people. Thanks be to Him for that!

After the training, I went to meet the running gang for dinner. We ate at Miss Clarity's Cafe along Upper Thomson Road and I had my usual Roasted Chicken Leg. I had a great time of fellowship with this group of my siblings-in-Christ especially with a couple whom I spoke with about missions.

I guess that is all for the day. This new week will be quite a busy one for me - I have to prepare for Sunday's praise and worship session at the 11:15am service; I have to meet the Missions Policy Review Committee on Wednesday; I have Worship Team rehearsal on Friday; Tuesday will be set aside to celebrate dad's birthday. Looks like I have only Thursday to catch a breather. Well, no matter what, I know God will pull me through all these busy schedules and at the end of it all, I will still be going strong and joyful! :)

A new week of adventure, here I come!

"Better is open rebuke than hidden love." Proverbs 27:5

No comments: