Monday, October 08, 2007

Restorer Of My Soul

My tummy is very bloated now and there is this urge to burp but I cannot seem to do so since dinner. It is a lousy feeling - sometimes a little nauseous as well. I do not know what caused this though.

Anyway, I just had a can of 7-Up. I hope it will be able to help me release the gas so that I do not feel so puffed up. I also feel very lethargic.

Other than the above-mentioned, the day has been great. Of course there was the Monday-blues initially but by noon I was okay. I spent lunch-time at Wesley Methodist Church. I decided to go there and prepare for this Sunday's worship session.

It was quite interesting. I borrowed a guitar from one of the church staff after telling him who I am and why I needed it. I spent about an hour just worshipping the Lord and praying. It started to pour but it was great to sing praises in the midst of the rain by the court-yard.

I was planning to take today and tomorrow to plan for the songs but in that 60 minutes with the Lord, the songs just came and the list is out. I will take tonight and tomorrow morning to ponder on what I have chosen and by lunch-time I will send an email out to the Worship Team. I do not know why but I am all excited to worship the Lord with the team this Friday and with the church on Sunday. May the Lord's name be glorified!

I learnt from that time of communion with God that praising Him is an uplifting time. It basically draws my attention away from the world and the struggles from within me and the Spirit just brings me by the spring of living water. That moment spent was so refreshing that it brought joy to the soul and new breath of life into me. Thanks be to God!

I want to encourage my siblings-in-Christ that at any time when you feel down, do not fall into the traps of the devil, telling you that during times of struggle, it is hard to praise God. It can be initially but when you begin to worship Him in spirit and in truth, that's when healing comes and that's also when your spirit will be lifted by the Spirit of God!

The Lord's name is to be praised at all times! :) Just come as you are before the throne of God; give thanks; and He will bring about a time of refreshing!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi =) you dont know. i just stumbled across your blog. i just wanted to say that I admire you for how you loved on that women who was hurtful and rude. That is something God is pleased with and will count for eternity. =) thanks for encouraging me!

Pilgrim's Progress said...

Hi Ojen. I bring greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your affirmation. I thank God that my blog has encouraged you.

Let us continue to press on in this pilgrim's journey - bringing glory to God and being a blessing to every one around us.

The Lord bless and keep you. :)