Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Lord - My Helper

Yesterday I had a meeting with one of my church's Lay Ministry Staff (LMS) to review the Missions Policy. We went through the whole of the present policy and basically commented on every point. We started at 3pm and we only ended around 7:30pm.

Though it was 4 1/2 hours long, I thought it was a good session as we noted the strength and weaknesses of the current policy. We also had a couple of other Missions Policies from different churches and we used them as references as to how we can improve and work on the revised one.

Towards the last hour of the meeting, it was confirmed my mind was already on over-drive - I just could not concentrate anymore but thanks be to God for sustaining the both of us. We went home with joy as we know it was a wonderful session and it will continue to be that way till the day the policy is approved by the Local Conference next January. It is still a long road ahead but who cares, it will come to pass soon.

I started working on the first draft today after noting all the comments the LMS and I have made. I ended work around 4:30pm and went to a Coffee Bean joint along Boat Quay to work on it. I was basically so excited to start on the paper that I went on to finish about half of it already.

I mentioned I had a couple of other Missions Policies with me. When I saw them, I basically told myself why re-invent another when I can combine the strength of other policies and my church's and churn out a revised version. It may sound easy but I have to adapt the points accordingly to suit the objectives and needs of the Missions Ministry.

Well, my brain juice has been squeezed dry for today but all glory to God. Work was hectic since I missed the planning yesterday. I managed to catch up with my team as in the progress made from yesterday. I guess it will be a late night for me as I have to do my part of the deal.

Now I am in a dilemma - I know I should be able to complete my work by 2am but then at 2:30am there is a Liverpool's Champions League match. If I watch that game, it will end at 4:30. I have to be in office by 8am, Meaning to say I have to be up by 6:45am. That gives me only 2 1/4 hours of sleep and tomorrow will be a long day because after work, there is a Missions Committee meeting. Hmmm... I think it is not that difficult to conclude that I should sleep and not watch the match. Haha. Sigh. The pain and agony of being a Liverpudlian. :)

Anyway, time for me to stop talking nonsense and start working.

Sorry, Liverpool! Sleep prevails!

"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." Psalm 54:4

No comments: