Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God Prompts For A Purpose

I just reached home not too long ago. I was in church since 3pm when I was done with my meetings in campus. I had to meet the Lay Ministry Staff (LMS) overseeing the Missions Ministry to discuss about the first draft of the revised policy.

We did not even finish the brainstorming session - covered only half of the 32-page document. We are meeting again on Thursday to finish the rest. Though I was hoping we could complete it by today, I was fine when it did not because what we have discussed so far has been very encouraging.

I guess from now to Thursday, I will work on the first-half of the policy. I hope I have the time to do so because the next two days will be very packed with meetings and presentations at work. Tomorrow evening I have a meeting with my accountability group - by the time I come home, I hope I will have some energy left to work on the amendments. I guess I will also use my lunch-time to do so.

I know this may sound crazy especially when my driving test is next Monday - I have not signed up for any lessons to get use to driving again because realistically speaking, I have no time to spare. I know some friends will "scold" me for this but I really have no choice. Frankly I have no confidence in passing but I have asked the Lord to give me a heart of thanksgivng no matter what. I know it is good to pass but even if I do not, so be it. It is not a life or death situation. It is a matter of time that license will be in my possession but I shall not let it affect me in any way as there are a lot of other important things for me to focus on. :)

Anyway, I have something quite amazing to share but it is not something to be happy about. About three days ago. a church member's name came to mind and it occurred to me that I have not seen him for a while. I whispered a prayer for him and left it as it was. I had wanted to ask someone about this brother-in-Christ but always slipped my mind till this afternoon when I was in the LMS' office. So happened this member called the LMS and it was then I found out that he has not been feeling well and he has been getting a couple of spiritual attacks.

Did God prompt me about this brother knowing that he is in need of support? I guess so. Now that I know his situation, I shall see how God can use me to encourage this dear sibling-in-Christ. The LMS and I stopped our discussion for a while and prayed for this brother.

Well, it has been a fruitful day. Foodful as well - after the meeting with the LMS, the church's Facility Officer suggested having dinner together. The three of us headed for the Lavender Food Court for our feasting. We had cockles, fried noodles, dim sum of prawn dumplings, pork dumpling and chicken feet.

When we were done, I was stuffed! Well, I shall sleep at around 12:30am since I cannot do so with too full a tummy.

I had a good short chat with a sister-in-Christ who was in my mentor group at the Young Methodist Leaders' Conference. Surprise to see her online since this is the first time she comes on. Praise the Lord for sustaining her through her busy workload in the varsity. We exchanged prayer needs and I shall intercede for her regularly. :)

Time to rest my fingers and log out! Good night to one and all! May God grant all a good night's rest!

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

No comments: