Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Obeying God - Are We?

It is past midnight already and I am very tired after a long day at work. After that I had to meet two siblings-in-Christ to help them in their wedding-planning. I was already quite exhausted before meeting them but after listening to their love story as in how God brought them together, I was all refreshed.

It is always wonderful and heartwarming to see the Lord's goodness and hand in bringing a couple together. The interesting thing is both parties never saw themselves as an item but over time, God showed them the way. Thanks be to Him for that. It is truly a privilege to coordinate their marriage!

I just had a time of prayer. Before that, my heart was burdened for a sister-in-Christ. She was online and when I asked her whether she felt better after not being well due to lack of rest, she told me, just a few seconds before I msned her, she was feeling nauseous.

Well, I have committed her to the Lord for healing and I believe He is already in the process of healing my sister. I also interceded for a few other persons and I hope the Lord will also lift their burdens and allow them to walk on.

A dear sister-in-Christ responded to my blog I wrote yesterday and she reminded me that to put God first is always about obedience. I want to thank her for that. I am not sure whether I know this sibling-in-Christ but it is true of what she said. :)

I have to admit that sometimes I will fail in my obedience to God even in the priorities I have set but I will continue to press on to live my life for Him. May God be my help during times when I am weak.

I do not really have anything particular to write but some of the accounts I wrote above showed me how God speaks to me through a sibling-in-Christ; how He prompts me to intercede for another person.

Praise the Lord for that! I shall end here as it is time to rest my body. :)

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21

No comments: