Saturday, October 27, 2007

It Hurts When Bitten

I just had a cool refreshing bath. Anyway, after I was done with showering, I saw a mosquito with a leg stuck to a mini spider-web. It was trying all it could to free itself from the tangle. I observed it for a minute and decided to just help free it.

Just by a single flick of my finger, it was released and started flying around the bathroom. While I was drying myself, it landed on my right arm. Well, one need not figure for too long what it did next - the little insect that I did a good deed to, sucked my blood and now there is a tiny lump which is starting to itch.

Amazing, right? I think all of us are like the mosquito. God freed us from the web of sins and instead of repaying His kindness, we bit Him and in the process caused hurt to Him by sinning. Jesus is the One who is supposed to be our Redeemer, our Friend but in the end, we sometimes treat Him as if He is our adversary.

Interesting reminder.

Good night, every one! Sleep tight and God bless!

No comments: