Friday, October 19, 2007

Healthy Fellowship

I was free after lunch. Thank God for that. As our next meeting will only be on Monday, I left the office early. In the morning my team and I had to be in campus to make a presentation. The preliminary part of the project has taken off well. At least, that is a load off our chests.

I was tempted to go home and sleep. In the end I did not. I went to a Coffee Bean branch in Holland Village and spent about two hours at the cafe reading the old Missions Policy. I did not want to make any notes as yet - I just wanted to familiarise myself with the contents. The next few days when the thoughts are running in mind, I will then begin to jot down some points.

Well, at least it was a small step to the whole process of reviewing the policy. The temptation to just go home and rest was so great but praise the Lord, I resisted. I think I feel better having done something about the policy than to just go home and bummed.

I went to church next to catch up with the staff in the office. I had a great time of fellowship with the Pastor-in-charge and a few others. A dear brother-in-Christ bought a pack of roasted chicken and pork. We basically ate and chatted in one of the rooms. I was so full that I skipped my dinner.

Oh yah, I met the other accountability group at 6:30am for a time of support and encouragement. Though it was very early in the morning, I always feel that it is a good start to the day, having this assurance that there is always a group of siblings-in-Christ always in constant support of my walk and struggles. It makes this pilgrim's journey easier to travel on.

I shared with them my struggles with adapting myself but to work and also having to balance a lot of other responsibilities at home and in church. A brother-in-Christ warned me to go easy as I am quite proned to getting stomach ulcers.

I felt bad that I had to leave earlier as I needed to catch a ride from a colleague so that I can make it in time for the presentation.

Just now I also had a wonderful time with my younger siblings-in-Christ from the Youth Ministry (YM). They were at the Upper Room jamming and I decided to help the drummers in their playing. It was a fun session.

After everything was over, while we were walking out of the church, two sisters-in-Christ and I thought of a dear friend of ours who is now studying overseas. Well, I decided to include this in the blog basically to let her know that she is being missed by us in this part of the world. :)

Well, the weekend is here. I would love to say it will be a restful one but I do not think so. Tomorrow and Sunday I will be in church for some planning sessions with two different ministries. I shall look forward to them. :)

Alright, time for me to key off.

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

No comments: