Sunday, September 11, 2011

What Am I To You?

As much as I should pray against negative thoughts that come by once in a while, I also reflect on them and consider whether are they really negative or a fact. I should not just be denouncing them without giving due consideration.

Today a thought was in my mind constantly. It is about the feeling of being made use of. I know I should not suspect anyone having that motive but over time, you can tell whether it is or not. It is a sad feeling.

It is like when you are of use to that person, you mean anything and everything to him or her but when that value is no more, you are non-existent. Some may tell me, as a Christian, I should not think of a particular person that way... yes, I am trying not to but has that person ever spared a thought for me... the lousy feeling of being exploited?

I think it is a two-way thing. On my part, I should not entertain the thought and be bitter about it but the other party must also consider the way I feel.

Where am I going in sharing this? Well, I am going to approach the above-mentioned with love and I will continue to do that no matter how tough it may be. Only by showing that love, will it cover over a multitude of sins... that means nothing will affect me and I will continue to give as much as I can to my loved ones and friends.

I cannot just because I have a suspicion of someone who may have that motive to stop me from being a friend to him or her. Eventually God will convict the heart of the person and He will transform that life. My role is to continue to do what is right.

Before my retreat, I confess I harboured a lot of bitterness and grudge but not anymore. No point. It is not worth it. It is also not pleasing in the eyes of God and edifying to the people around me.

I cannot remember whether I have blogged about this but since this thought has been in my mind lately, I felt the need to share it. It is for me to evaluate whether I, myself, have made use of someone else. I confess I did and I pray God will change me in this area of my life.

Well, all these can affect relationships between both parties but that effect, I pray, should not cause the two parties to drift apart but instead be strengthened as they learn from their mistakes and follies.

This has been my prayer.

May God help us all and may we always cherish one another!

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

No comments: