Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Picking Oneself Up After Falling

I am having some difficulty bending my right wrist as I kind of sprained it when I was learning to ride with my cycling shoes. I fell three times in all. All because I could not release the clips in time when I braked. The first one was okay. The second one I had bruise on my right knee. The third one I twisted my wrist a little and had a few small holes on my palm.

Well, I am getting the hang of it but I am definitely not ready to go on the road with that pair of shoes yet. I guess I will use my track-shoes for now.

I had wanted to cycle to East Coast Park but I changed my mind as I was held up by the servicing of my Polar watch and wear-link. It took longer than expected. A dear friend is cycling there now. Well, another day perhaps.

While waiting I decided to explore the different roads around Boon Tat Street. There are a lot of restaurants and eateries. I also found a couple of them serving Korean food. I shall one day try them.

Anyway, as I did not want to eat much... I basically had fruits at the hawker centre.

Thank God the technical staff at the service centre helped me expedite the process by allowing me to jump the queue on the waiting list. Very sweet of them. It is great to get the watch working again after they changed batteries on both the watch and wear-link. The charges were reasonable too.

Oh yah! I forgot to share about this security guard who was stationed at the Public Utilities Board Pump Station located at the end of this secluded road I was practicing my bike on. He saw me fell down a couple of times and he was there cheering me on to not give up. He said something in Mandarin which I think is this - "It's okay to fall down. Just pick yourself up and try again. You will be better after that."

I was encouraged by his words and it is true. It is okay to fall down because each time you pick yourself up, you are a much stronger individual. Pain is temporary but the lesson learnt is permanent. :)

Okay, I shall stop here. Praise God for protecting me against a more serious injury. :)

No comments: