Tuesday, September 27, 2011

An Exciting Day Ahead!

I just read a very long email sent by my dean. Though I only start teaching again in January 2012 he has already been updating me on some plans which are in the pipeline. He also suggested that I attend some of the major staff meeting so that I will not be so lost when I officially commence work in three months' time. This is scary but exciting. Haha.

This Thursday I am supposed to follow him for a meeting and since I am free that day I decided to go along and see how I may contribute to the discussion. Not use to wearing office wear after so long. I hope I will not sub-consciously wear a pair of bermudas and polo-tee to the meeting. ;)

Anyway, I am going cycling this evening... weather permits. My grandma made me laugh yesterday when she commented that my road bike is so "chio" (pretty or beautiful in the Hokkien dialect) that I should just leave it at home and not ride it. Her reason - it would be quite sad to dirty the bike. Hee.

I think she loves the colour as she kept telling me of my late grandpa' bicycle which was always black. She also gave instructions to Sasha, my doggy, to not go near the bike and have her loose fur stuck all over. Sasha understands and now there is this invisible wall where she would just stand at a distant. Such an understanding Silky Terrier I have there.

I have a couple of errands to run today - need to buy lubricants for my bike and perhaps also a jersey. I need to send my Polar watch and the wearlink for servicing as it has been a while since I used them. I also need to settle some banking matters. Lastly grocery-shopping as my fridge is almost empty! :)

Oh yah, this morning I woke up at around 6am but after sending out a message I went back to sleep. I only woke up around 9am and this is a first for as long as I can remember. I guess the past few days have been very exhausting but it was a good rest I had. Praise God!!!

My left eye feels weird. There seems to be a growth. It is better and less painful now but if the discomfort persists, I think I may have to pay the doctor a visit. I have to say that I have not been drinking as much fluids as I should. I am going to do that from today onwards.

Alritey, time to start ticking the "To-Do" list!

Have a blessed day everyone... whatever is left of it! :)

No comments: