Monday, September 05, 2011

Mission Team's Answered Prayer

I just had a talk with grandma in her room. Earlier she came to tell me that my parents and I want to kick her out of the house. I asked her when she heard about this and she said in the morning.

I probed further as to which part of the morning and she said around 9am. It was here that I concluded she was thinking negatively again as my parents were out of the house at around 7.30am and I was the only one home.

Grandma is acting strange today as she called me several times within an hour to ask me, first of all, to eat out as she would not be cooking. Then she called again to instruct me to call my parents to eat out too. A couple of minutes after, she rang again to say that she would be frying rice. In the last call she made, she asked whether the family would be eating in or out.

Anyway, I did not reprimand grandma for the above-mentioned. I prayed with her and also encouraged her to continue to think of something pleasant than always let negative thoughts enter her mind.

I left her to be on her own. I went on to do some stuff for the mission trip. Praise God for His provision. About two weeks ago, I spoke to one of the missionaries in Cambodia as to whether the team can stay in his hostel. He informed me that during that period when the team will be in Cambodia, the occupancy is full.

He assured me though that he will find an alternative accommodation for us. Then a call came in this morning to inform me that the above hostel has expanded their business as they have just bought another housing unit which is just a few doors away. Truly this is an answered prayer!

I informed the team about the good news and I am sure they will be all excited to meet up with my missionary-friend and his staff in the hostel. :)

Well, I shall end here as my eyes are already closing. I have been feeling sleepy throughout the day as I was awoken abruptly by my doggy. She jumped onto the bed at around 6.30am and started licking my face. She then climbed onto my tummy and laid there. Sigh. Since when have I become her bed? Maybe my tummy is too fleshy and comfy. Haha.

Anyway, good night, all! :)

No comments: