Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Enjoyable Cook-Out!

Yesterday has been a long but enjoyable day. I cooked for my cell-group as part of an advance birthday celebration for my sister.

I basically prepared cheeses from The Netherlands and crackers as starters. The soup of the day was clam chowder. It was followed by the main course of baked crab and butter rice and salad. We ended with majority having a glass of Nespresso coffee and all having a piece of Red Velvet cake baked by a dear brother-in-Christ.

I was too tired and full to eat so I basically served my cell group members. Cooking is like that - throughout the day as you prepare, you will just munch as you go along and by the time the dishes are to be served, you are just too full and tired to eat. But like I said - I enjoyed every second of it. :)

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Praise the Lord for pulling me through. :)

Yesterday when I was just reflecting on certain areas of my life as I was preparing for the cook-out, I was reminded that those things in my life which do not come easy are cherished more. As I was talking to God about it, I confessed to Him that I have taken many things for granted and I prayed that He will teach me to count my blessings and to use them to bless others.

It is quite random that while cooking I had such thoughts but I will take it as a reminder.

The past few days I have been burdened with something which I felt I could have done better and more sensitively. I do not know whether it is too late to learn from this but I pray God will help me in this. It is vague but I shall leave it as that. A lesson learnt that I need to pace myself lest I become a stumbling block.

Anyway, I am still considering which road-bike to buy and also battling whether to get a new one or a second-hand model. I shall see how as I continue to consult those who have been in this sport for a while and also the various relevant websites.

I shall end. Good night, all.

No comments: