Friday, September 16, 2011

Unique Individuals We Are

Praise God for today. I learnt a valuable lesson on friendship and it was a humbling experience. I guess I need to remind myself that I should not generalise friendship/relationship but to adapt accordingly with different friends because everyone is created uniquely. I just hope my ignorance in this area has not affected any of them but every mistake I make is a moulding experience. I just hope through this I can be a better friend to another. All I ask is for some grace and opportunities for me to learn and grow.

As much as I am asking for grace and opportunity from my friends, it is also my prayer that I will do likewise towards them. The past few months or so, I felt betrayed to a certain extent by a few individuals especially when I have put in so much time and effort in my relationship with them. I thought there was already an understanding between them and me but I guess not. It is painful sometimes but this is where we learn... of course not in the most ideal situation but nevertheless there were precious lessons to be brought home.

This is where I am reminded yet again that every day in life is about learning... I am not saying this because I have been a teacher all these while. :) Learning will only stop when I cease to exist anymore.

Anyway, I went to test-ride a road-bike with a dear friend. I like the feel of the bike but the only thing is the seat which I guess I will get use to eventually or to have it change to fit my butt better. Haha. Riding it over a short distance already gave me the kick and I guess this confirms this deep desire to want to go further with this sport/activity.

I headed for Parkway Parade on my own after that to check out some DVD players. Initially I wanted to grab a bite there but in the end I decided not to as I was not too hungry. After making some purchases, I took a bus to Old Airport Road Hawker Centre to buy a container of beancurd for grandma. I know she always likes the beancurd from there and since I was near, I thought I just swing by to get it.

I just finished hanging the laundry and I guess I will sleep soon.

Good night, all and have a restful and blessed weekend ahead. :)

No comments: