Sunday, September 25, 2011

God Provides In All Ways!

It has been a long and tiring day for me. I was with the Youth Ministry Mission Team the whole morning and early afternoon as they continued with their fundraising effort. It was more of collecting the money for the orders made last week than soliciting for more donations as we have met our target in just one Sunday. Praise the Lord!

When we closed the booth at around 1.30pm, I stayed back in church to tabulate and finalise the total order for the T-shirts. It was quite a headache as some members made some changes to their orders and some cancelled. Some still wanted to order as they liked the designs and we decided to accede to their requests.

The whole day I only had one proper meal as I was not too hungry in the morning and I had no time to go out of the church to buy lunch. I did have some keuh pie tees along the way but that was it.

Anyway, I am grateful to God for sustaining me through the day. I am now relieved that the orders for the tees have been made. One of the team members called the printers just now and they agreed to get everything done and delivered by Friday!!! Hallelujah!!! :)

I stayed a little longer to help two dear brothers-in-Christ sell some Cheeky Monkey products to a congregation using our church premise for an evening service. Cheeky Monkey is basically a social enterprise where they sell children's clothing in Cambodia and occasionally in Singapore.

After attending to the last customer and putting everything back into the car, it was off to dinner next. I was so hungry that I could eat a cow but in the end, I had chicken chop instead. Good enough to fill my empty tummy.

I wanted to come home and just rest but grandma told me her television broke down. It took me a while to try to fix it but I guess it is beyond hope. I shall go shop for one tomorrow as grandma cannot live a day without watching her favourite programmes. :)

Oh yah! I have finally bought my road bike. I have a few people to thank for in giving me pointers as to what to look for when choosing a bike and also the accessories - Albert Yeo, Steven Lim, Sean Goh and Timothy Yong. It was also fun shopping with a few dear friends at the various bike shops - Linda Woon, Valerie Tang and Timothy Yong.

I do not want to spiritualise the above-mentioned but I did ask God to give me a shop which can offer me a good deal. Thanks to Linda and Steven, I went to one last shop near Race Course Road and it was that one which sealed the deal as the boss, Ah Hui, offered me a good package.

I almost went to a shop in Siglap to get it as the assistant said his offer was the best. Well, I guess not and I am grateful I can save a couple of hundreds for the same bike I have been eyeing and not forgetting the accessories.

Ah Hui spent the whole day assembling the bike for me and when I went in the evening to collect it, he could have just handed the bike over to me and be on with it but he did not. He ensured that everything is in order before I left for home. That meant he had to close his shop later than usual and having his dinner late. Praise God for this wonderful gentleman. I will surely go back to him for future maintenance or purchases. :)

Anyway, it has been an eventful weekend. I also went to watch the All Blacks vs France. It was payback time and the All Blacks won the match by 37 - 17!!! The result kind of exorcised the defeat back in the World Cup 2007.

Alright! Time to stop and get some sleep.

Have a blessed week ahead and enjoy the adventures that will come our way! :)

No comments: