Sunday, September 18, 2011

It Has Always Been About Lives

I just finished talking to a dear brother-in-Christ who called me to ask how I have been and also to pray for me. I am deeply encouraged by his thoughtfulness and initiative. I shared with him how things have been for me this week and also about the initial concern I have for the fundraising effort by the Youth Ministry Mission Team today.

I am grateful to God for allowing the above conversation to happen as I was quite discouraged the whole afternoon about whether it is worth the effort to give my time for others and in turn be misunderstood by one or two of them. All it takes is this minority because I sometimes asked myself where have I gone wrong when all these while I have meant well. Perhaps the method of approach used was wrong and if it is, I apologise and am willing to learn from it.

When I came home and while doing my laundry, I decided to speak to a friend whom I have known for years from a counselling course we attended together. I was just sharing with him about the above struggle. He said he gets that all the time but what matters is the person you are caring for. Ministry has always been about lives and he said that if my focus remains as that, then it is clear that setbacks faced along the way are secondary. They should not be totally ignored, of course, but to be used as reflections and evaluations as to how else we can be more effective in touching lives.

I will approach this struggle with prayer first and from there I will know what else to do.

Anyway, praise God for guiding the youths through their fundraising activity in church this morning. We have hit the target we need to raise and God is good to allow this to happen within a day. The drive was to be done over three weeks but looks like there is no need for that anymore. Hallelujah!

Well, it has been a bittersweet weekend.

Have a blessed week, everyone.

No comments: