Friday, September 16, 2011

It Has Always Been About Resting

After having dinner (Thai food at City Plaza) and ice-cream (Ice Cream Chef along East Coast Road) with two dear siblings-in-Christ last night, I headed home feeling very tired. The night before I did not have the chance to sleep much as I was trying to solve the mystery of the missing address book in my iPhone 4.

This morning mum found it strange that I slept so early and asked whether I was okay. Haha. I teased her that I was very drunk and she got a little concerned. When I saw the worried expression on her face, I laughed and told her I was just tired. She then ordered Sasha, my Silky Terrier, to bite me. :)

Anyway, I woke up with the strong urge to check out some bicycles today and I will do so later with a friend. I am actually excited that I will be riding on a regular basis once I have acquired one.

Well, back to the tale of the missing address book, I was initially quite worried that I have lost more than 600 over contacts. Thank God my Mac Office Outlook still has a back-up of all the information. As I was afraid I may lose that set as well, I quickly did another back-up.

I got a help from a dear sister-in-Christ. All these while, I have been sync-ing the information on my Outlook but now I will have to bypass that and use the Address Book and iCal applications in my MacBook Pro.

Praise the Lord they are back in order. Initially I felt kind of handicap without my contacts and schedules.

Lately I have come across many friends who are feeling tired because of work and all. I am burdened for them though many would conclude this is part and parcel of life. As much as it is, I have always reminded myself and others that there is more to life than the mundane things we do daily.

I remembered this quote, "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going." Yes, it is true that the tough needs to get going during trying period but tough as we may be, we must admit that we are human too. Hence I decide to rephrase this quote - "When the going gets tough, it is not always the tough gets going but resting." Sometimes it is wiser to rest sufficiently so that we can get going again. In the long run, it is more sustainable and less frustrating.

No comments: