Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Praise God For A New Friend

I came back not too long ago from a dinner appointment with a dear friend whom I got to know at the Charity Bike 'n' Blade event over the weekend. It was an impromptu meeting as it was only decided in the evening.

I was planning as to what to eat for dinner and I had cravings for the beef noodles in Marine Parade and the wanton noodles in East Coast Park. While my friend and I were corresponding over sms, she decided to check out some road-bikes along East Coast Road and I asked to go along with her as I was interested as well.

She picked me up at Bedok MRT Station and we had to rush to the shop as it was closing in about 15 minutes' time. We had a near-miss accident at a cross junction but thank God my friend managed to stop in time. I hope she was not too startled by the incident. :(

We could not try out the bicycles as the shop was about to close and my friend's car was parked temporarily along the road. She was also in her office-wear. I guess we will probably check it out again soon.

Anyway, we were both interested in cycling after last week's event. Mine was more a rekindling of interest as I used to cycle quite a bit when I was younger. Well, I am just considering whether this would be a long-term activity I would engage myself in. I shall see how. :)

We had dinner at Waraku Restaurant around Katong area and it was a great time of catching up with one another. Before we departed, we went to the NTUC supermarket in Marine Parade to buy a bottle of milk and a loaf of bread.

Praise God for a wonderful day! A long day awaits me tomorrow but looking forward to it already. :)

No comments: