Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Repaying Their Love and Kindness

One of those days when I have to help grandma locate her money which she has hidden all over her room. It is amazing how she can do that but it is very frustrating having to comb through every corner to find a $50 note her and a $10 note there. In all I have found more than $500. She can even keep two $50 notes in her trousers' pocket and it is hidden in a pile of other trousers she has. She used to keep the money in her favourite bag but lately the pattern seems to have changed.

I cannot deny that I was a little worked up because when she hides the cash and could not find them, she will then accuse me of not giving her her monthly allowance. Every time when I want to talk to her, I pray and ask God to give me the sensitivity of words used as it is really not something she is doing on purpose but more so her forgetfulness. I always ask God to help me not give up on her though it can be tiring at times. I am also trying to see what new method I can use to help her remember where she keeps her money.

Another person I am worried about is dad. Lately I noticed that his hands are trembling quite a bit. I suspect he is suffering from Parkinson's Disease. I want to send him for check-up but he always refuses to. I really do not know what to do with him. I will continue to persuade him. All I can do now is to pray that he will listen to my advice and at least see what the doctor says after the medical examination.

Sigh. Sometimes I wish God can take all these problems away from my loved ones but I guess all these are part and parcel of growing old. I guess my prayer should be more of asking Him to give me the patience, perseverance and understanding as I try my best to take care of the three old folks who took pains last time to care for me when I was young. I guess it is my turn to do so and repay their love and kindness.

Well, I am quite exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally today. I shall do some readings and perhaps take out my guitar to worship God and just give thanks in all circumstances. :)

For those reading my blog, please keep my family and I in prayer. Thank you.

Oh yah, I visited the elderly lady who collects cardboard while on my way home. I gave her a packet of tea. I am glad that she has a good collection today. I just pray that whoever buys from her the cardboard will not cheat her in any way.

I guess that is all.

Have a restful evening, everyone.

No comments: