Thursday, January 17, 2008

Vulnerability Is Not A Weakness!

I am ready to sleep but I shall endure for a little while more to jot this blog down. I started the day at 6am - I had to go to Bedok area to meet my first accountability group. Today is basically a day of accountability - just now I met my other group over dinner. The morning one was over breakfast.

As always, I enjoyed the fellowship as we shared about our joys and struggles. Through these two sessions, I actually got a confirmation over an issue of my life that I am dealing with now. I may share this in time to come but not now.

I am always thankful to God that I am able to relate my life with a few brothers-in-Christ who are like-minded. It makes my life's journey easier to trod and it also affirms certain decisions that sometimes I am unsure whether they are the right ones made.

Though it has been a long day for me and I am actually quite drained physically. Spiritually and emotionally I am actually refreshed by the fellowship. Thanks be to God for that. :)

Anyway, I went back to office after lunch as I needed to settle a document which had some discrepancies related to a research that my team and I did. It was an omission basically. I needed to add the missing paragraph before submission to the top management.

Today is actually an off-day for my team after we had a major meeting yesterday with our boss. He was pleased with our work and having taken into consideration the time spent in the research, he told us to take a day's break!

After the morning meeting with the more senior group, I attended the training session of the TRACkers programme - this is a missions initiative by the Trinity Annual Conference of the Methodist Church in Singapore to encourage youths who are in transition of their studies to participate in the work of missions.

I was surprise to see a member of my Young Methodist Leaders' Conference mentor group participating in this programme and we caught up a little. I also met 7 youths from my church who are also involved. I thank God too for having known a few new siblings-in-Christ from other churches. I praise the Lord for 39 of these young lives who have taken a step of faith to serve. I pray the Lord will touch their lives as they prepare to minister to others in various countries.

On my way home just now after the second accountability group meeting, there was this gentleman in his 20s who was seated next to me. Usually it is a common thing to have another person share the same seat in the bus but for the encounter just now, I had a hard time "breathing" - not that I had some medical problem but I had to endure a rather foul smell from the young man. I suspected it was from his T-shirt which was probably not sunned properly. Anyway, I struggled as to whether I should change seat which I could have done as the bus was not that crowded. As I was considering, I asked the Lord what He would have done if He was in my situation. Well, the prompting was to remain where I was and remain, I did. I also made sure I did not make obvious move like covering my nose or leaning away from the man.

Well, there are probably a few opinions towards the above-mentioned. I shall leave it as that.

Praise the Lord I finished preparing the main bulk of this Sunday's service which I will be leading. I am looking forward to serving the Lord and His people and also working with the Worship Team - may He be our guide!

Time to go. Good night, everyone! :)

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." James 3:17

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore." Psalm 133

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments: