Friday, January 04, 2008

Leaving A Legacy

I am blogging this now at the airport. I just sent a friend off. I am thankful to God for having provided for her accordingly. While I was in the cab, I asked the Lord to prepare the way for my friend as I knew her luggages were overweight. When we were queueing up to check in, I saw one of the staff walking around to assist the passengers in the processing of their boarding passes. I basically went to her and requested for her assistance.

The baggage allowance was 20kg but the airline was willing to give an extra 5kg. When we weighed the luggage, the total was 28kg. She also had two hand luggages which exceeded the 7kg allowance but the check-in staff assured my friend that it should be fine.

Thanks be to God it was. My friend just messaged to say that she has successfully passed through the custom and security screening at the holding area. God is good indeed! :)

Anyway, I have been unwell since yesterday. I am having a flu and sore throat. My tummy is not feeling too well either. My immune system has indeed weakened because in the span of two months I have fallen sick three times. I guess all these boil down to the fact that I have not been sleeping well for a while.

I pray the Lord will heal me soon.

I did not blog yesterday as I was actually very tired when I got home from an outing with some of the older youths. We had lunch together at a Sushi restaurant, offering a buffet spread. After that we had a couple of games of bowling. It has been a while since I did this and it was pretty fun. We are doing it again later. I had better enjoy it since semester is commencing next week and probably for the next few months I may not have the time to bowl.

Yesterday I also took delivery of a LCD TV and a DVD-Recorder that were given to me as perks when I renewed my Cable, Internet and Mobile services for another 24 months. After I napped, I installed the new gadgets and praise the Lord all went well. I also did some cleaning up of my room and the hall area. I guess that kind of aggravated my flu due to the dust and all.

Just now before my friend entered the gate to the immigration counter, she gave her parents and sister a hug and her mum started to cry. I guess it is not easy to see her daughter leave for a distant land over a period of time. Though it was painful for my friend's mum, I know deep down in her heart, there is this assurance that she will see her daughter again.

I guess I can parallel this to those who have gone before me (as in death) but deep down in my heart, I know I will see them again one day in heaven. It was never a feeling of loss but an anticipation of a reunion.

I long for the day when I will meet my late aunty who died of cancer 12 years ago; for the two persons from my church who were the ones who brought me to the saving grace of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ; for those who have supported me when I was struggling with my kidney ailment.

Well, this world is not our home and we are just passing through - as mentioned in my previous blog, this is just a transit.

I am a bit emo now because yesterday I was thinking of those who have impacted my life and how some of them are now no more with me. They left a legacy in my life and I shall endeavour to follow their shoes.

Time for me to end here. Looking forward to a great day ahead! :)

"Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD." Proverbs 16:20

No comments: