Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Computer Is Also A Blessing From God!

It has been three days since I last blogged. I have been down with flu, cough and sore throat. I am still unwell. My computer has also decided to follow suit. The only difference is that it died. Yupz, it decided to call it quits after 7 years. I guess it is time for it to retire after serving me since 2000.

Along the way, it went through a few transplants - two major operations to remove and replace motherboards. One change of processor. There was also a memory lapse so it had to be implanted with more RAMs. It also underwent plastic surgery where the CD-writer was replaced with DVD-writer and then DVD-Writer Double-Layer took its place.

The appetite of the machine has been very good - two hard-drives were added to accommodate the many information that it has been consuming. It vomitted once because of over-eating and many information got lost.

This computer has been with me when I had to burn midnight oil doing my dissertation for my Masters programme; the many reports I had to do for work; the many emails I sent to friends both in and out of church; preparing lessons for both ministries in church and at work; writing my blogs since late 2006.

It is quite interesting to note that I started my journal-entry in 1996 and 10 years later I progressed (actually I do not know whether that is the right word to use) to blogging.

Well, I am a bit nostalgic now. Though my computer was just a machine; it was a blessing. God has given it to me so that I can use it for His purpose. All thanks and praise be to Him!

I have just completed building a new computer - Gigabyte S-Series GA-P35-DS3 Motherboard with a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo E6550 Processor; a Leadtek PX8600 Dedicated Graphics Card; a Western Digital 320GB Hard-Disk; and 2GB of RAM.

Haha. I am mad to have blogged all the above details. I may sound like a computer-pro but I am actually quite the opposite. I thank God for a few brothers-in-Christ who advised and helped me do the setting up.

Along the way there were frustrating moments where certain hardwares and softwares did not work. I have to confess that I did blow my top a couple of times (hair even lesser now after the eruptions) but God was good to help me overcome the glitches.

I got to know the names of a few shop assistants when I was doing all the purchases. Thank God for providing them as well.

Well, this evening when I was on my way home from Sim Lim Square after buying a video creator device for church and also an external hard-disk case for myself, I met an elderly lady, probably in her 90s, while boarding the bus.

As she was having problems getting into the bus, I helped her and a kind passenger gave up her seat for the aunty. I also helped her tapped her stored-value card. Throughout the trip we spoke. It is amazing how, at this age, that the lady is still travelling around - she basically goes to her grand-children's homes to visit them.

I alighted before the lady and as I was doing so, I prayed for her as I do not know whether I will ever get to see the aunty again.

I shall stop here. For those whom I have bored to death by the above account especially in the earlier paragraphs, please forgive me. I thought having so much time and money on this new machine that I should reserve more lines on this. Hee. :)

Anyway, good night, every one and good bye, Acer! Haha.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments: