Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Be An Adventurer!

I give thanks and glory to God that my blog is being read by a considerable number of people. I say this because at the church leaders' meeting just now, the District Superintendent (DS)commented that he chanced upon it and now the whole leadership of the church know I have one. Well, though I do not publicise to the masses about my blog-site, it is my prayer that those who read my entries will be blest as I share the joy and pain of my pilgrim's journey.

I was speaking to the new Assistant Pastor of my church about this. My objective of blogging is still the same since Day One of my entry - to remind all that life is actually not bad though along the way, we will face setbacks, anger, frustrations, disappointments, hurts, etc.

We always think that all these are a drag but if we can see the positive side of our struggles, they are actually part and parcel of character-building - being on the anvil, constantly hammered to shape to become the masterpiece that God has always planned us to be.

Of course life is not just about braving the storms. Many times we let the trials we face to cloud the many blessings that have been bestowed upon us. Hence I also want to testify of God's goodness.

Our journey here on earth will always be adventurous and it will be so till we die. Since this is a fact, why live life negatively and make ourselves miserable?

We must remember that God is always there to help us when in need - this knowledge will allow us to overcome obstacles with less strife. This will make our journey easier to trod. I do not know about you but I am assured of this one thing - God never fails! Since the day I knew Him in 1985 till now, never once has He failed to pull me through. Hallelujah!

During the meeting, the DS reminded the leaders to live in poverty - can be taken literally. In doing so, our dependence is not on self but on God. It is also to teach us not to let pride get the better of us especially in the ministries that we have all been entrusted with.

I am grateful to God for this timely reminder.

It has been a busy day for me especially in the morning. I had to attend two meetings back-to-back and I was able to catch a breather during lunch-time. It was a wonderful break. I actually walked to Wesley Methodist Church to spend some time in worship and fellowship with the Lord - seeking Him as to what songs to lead for this Sunday's service. I was refreshed in the process and it made a lot of difference as in the area of my attitude towards work.

I sent out the songs to the Worship Team and am looking forward to our Friday's rehearsal and also the time of praise and worship with the congregation on Sunday.

I have to sleep now - another day of adventure ahead. :)

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business. Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created." James 1:2-18

No comments: