Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Service Industry - Serve God and His People

I just got a call from a friend this morning asking me to sing for her wedding service which will be in March. The interesting thing is this - the song she requested for is one which I recently heard of it after a real long time and it was when I was in the church office last week.

The only problem now is I do not have the accompaniment trax and I am hoping someone who has it will lend it to me. I asked a couple of friends but to no avail so far. I thought I have the minus-one but I could not find it when I looked through my CD and cassette collections. Haha.

Well, I have about one month to react. I hope the Lord will provide a copy for me in time to come. It has been a while since I played the guitar - perhaps I will attempt to try playing and singing the song at the same time. Haha.

The next few months will be wedding galore - I am coordinating two big-scale ones next month (two weeks in a row); in March I am doing photography for one and singing for the other; in April and May, I am coordinating one each. Haha. I am glad to be able to serve all my siblings-in-Christ on their big day! :) I sure hope I will not disappoint them. May the Lord be our help. :)

The 'O' Level Examinations results will be released tomorrow. A couple of my younger siblings-in-Christ are getting the jittery. They were sharing their anxieties over the MSN earlier. Well, I guess they have given their best during the exams and now it will be the Lord's turn to reward them accordingly. I pray they will give thanks no matter what the outcome will be. I shall keep them in my prayers and hope they will have a peaceful sleep tonight.

It has been a tiring day at work but thanks be to God for pulling me through it - three meetings in a day is no joke but I am glad that all went pretty well. I was able to go back home around 6pm. As I wanted to speak to the Lord about certain things, I decided to go for a walk with my dog again. I had a great time fellowshipping with the Lord.

During our stroll, I chanced upon four strangers - one was a Chinese national with her mother. The daughter had a cast on her left leg and was struggling to walk. When Sasha and I walked past them, the injured lady decided to stop and play with my doggy. We chatted for a while. As we departed, I prayed for healing on the lady's leg.

We next bumped into this elderly lady who was walking with her maid. She had difficulty moving around as well - she was aided with a walking stick. Again, Sasha played joy-giver. I was happy to see the smile on the lady's face. I prayed for the Lord to strengthen her legs after we bade farewell to each other.

Good night, everyone!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: