Sunday, January 13, 2008

Importance of Corporate Worship

I have a confession to make - I missed service this morning as I chose to meet two siblings-in-Christ to plan for their wedding which will be held next month. It is not their fault to have made me missed worshipping the Lord. I could have told them to meet after the service but I did not.

What is the big fuss about the above-mentioned? Well, to me it is. When I was on my way home from church, I was just reflecting on this. It scared me because this is not the first time and if I continue to compromise in this, it will be sooner than later that I will just skip service altogether and do other things.

Well, I feel that every Christian must see himself or herself as part of the corporate body of Christ. Coming to church is not about accomplishing tasks; it is about God's people coming together to worship Him - in praising Him with songs; in praying; in listening to the Word; and in fellowshipping with Him and one another. If this is being overlooked, then coming to church makes no difference as going to office or school, just so that work is done.

Going to church is, like it or not, about God. That should be the primary objective. Everything else, to me, is secondary.

Well, this realisation has served as a rebuke to me. I pray I will overcome all distractions and put God first at all times.

After lunch with a few siblings-in-Christ, I headed home as I felt quite weak suddenly. I napped and felt better after that.

My family and Uncle's family celebrated grandma's birthday over dinner. It was a last-minute decision because every one suddenly could make it. It was initially planned for next week though grandma's brithday was last week.

Well, we all had a great time feasting together. I enjoyed the time of fellowship and I am glad I can use this word since now all of us, except my brother, are Christians. We talked about the ministries we are involved in, our walk with the Lord, etc.

I will try to sleep soon as I have a busy week ahead with lots of meeting at work and in church. I have to lead worship this coming Sunday and I pray the Lord will just guide me accordingly.

"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy." Psalm 99:5

No comments: