Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do Good Is Good

It has been a long while since I walked my doggy. Since I am on leave today, I decided to take her out for a stroll at the park opposite my estate. As usual, I would let her run around while I spent some moments in reflection and also in prayer to the Lord for a few people and also for the ministries I am involved in.

While I was heading home from Chinatown, I boarded a bus and as I would usually do to all drivers, I smiled and thanked this particular gentleman behind the wheel. Usually they would return a smile but not for this individual.

I walked on as there were other passengers behind me. As I moved towards the middle of the bus, I wondered to myself how come this man was so rude. Of course negative impression of him started to emerge.

While I was pondering on this incident at the park, I realised that I should not harbour any evil thoughts against this driver. Yes, he should have smiled back; he should have said something... there are of course a lot of "should haves" that I would like to receive but my motive should not be this way. As mentioned in my previous blogs, in giving one should not expect to receive. Of course if he does receive something in return then that is a bonus - thanks be to God for that!

Anyway, I prayed for the bus captain and trust that God will take care of him if he is struggling in any way.

I was reminded from this experience that there will be more of these kind of incidents in future and it is important that I do not take it to heart and start to bear grudges and pass judgments. Instead I should continue to do good to all and find the joy of doing so. I guess the chances of the majority being blest are higher than those who do not appreciate it. Why let one or two unpleasant encounters stop me from blessing others?

It can be hurtful - that I cannot deny when some people, be it friends or strangers, ignore me. I am a human and I have feelings too hence it will be natural for me to be affected. When I reflected on this further, I was also cautioned not to ignore others which sometimes I do. Just as much as I am troubled by it, I am sure they too will feel likewise.

Well, I guess the conclusion is this - be sensitive to one another.

Anyway, I was out with a few brothers and sisters-in-Christ for a sushi buffet at Orchard Cineleisure. This was planned quite sometime ago - that's why I took leave to join them in fellowship especially since one of them will be going back again to Australia for his studies. Well, it was a great time spent together though it was only for about two hours or so. Praise the Lord for every single one of them. :)

I had to do run some errands after that - did some banking stuff; bought groceries, paid some bills and of course bought some Lunar New Year goodies.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Got to get some work done for a meeting tomorrow.

To God be the glory!

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody." Romans 12:17

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech." 1 Peter 3:8-10

No comments: