Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Third Party Of A Relationship

I have been out the whole day. In the morning I met two siblings-in-Christ for the first time to discuss about their wedding plans. Praise the Lord for a great session of fellowship as I gathered all the information needed.

Over the 8 years of being a wedding coordinator to more than thirty couples, I realised that being one is not just about dealing with the administrative aspect but also the spiritual - to remind the couple of the reason for their union especially when they are busy dealing with the preparations.

I realised that they can plan all they want but if their eyes are not on God, then it is quite pointless to go through all the hassles because at the end of the day, they become exhausted and the whole meaning of marriage gets diluted and clouded by the non-essentials.

To me, preparing to exchange the vows before God involves the couple taking time to seek the Lord as to where He is leading them and how He must become the Third Party of their relationship. That to me is preparing for marriage. Everything else is secondary.

If He is cast aside, then everything the couple do on their big day is just going through the motion.

Having the most ideal wedding lasts only one day but grasping the true meaning of marriage lasts a life-time.

That is why there are many divorce cases nowadays - couples always dream of a fairy-tale wedding, like those featured in Hollywood movies. They forget that marriage is a life-long commitment hence when they begin to realise that they are now living together as one and having to bear with the other party's nonsense, that is where the end of their union begins. Over time, it worsens and eventually the one becomes two again... the fairy-tale now becomes a horror movie. Lives broken; love lost and the devil laughs.

Though I am not married, I thank God for showing me certain lessons about love and marriage; I also praise Him for allowing me to use these that I have learnt as a ministry to those whose wedding I am coordinating for.

All glory to Him!

Time to go. I am leading worship at the 11:15am service tomorrow. I should rest early and be spiritualling, physically and mentally prepared. May the Lord be my help!

To all my siblings-in-Christ - have a blessed time of worship at whichever church service you are attending! Give praise to God for all things - both good and bad. He will make all things beautiful in His time! :)

Good night!

"Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them. Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?" "What did Moses command you?" he replied. They said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away." "It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law," Jesus replied. "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery." Mark 10:1-12

No comments: