Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Make This Lunar New Year Different - Bless Someone!

I have one more hour to the Missions Policy Review Committee meeting. I thought I take this time to blog a little. I am unwell actually - I have been sneezing the whole day. I think I got this yesterday when I was doing house-work. The cold got worse this morning. The dust particles are irritating my nose.

I am very tempted to postpone the meeting but due to the urgency of the matter, I am unable to do so. I pray we will be able to end early tonight so that I can go home and rest.

I hope it is the due to the dust that I am sneezing and not some flu-bugs as I do not wish to pass them to the rest of the committee members later. The Lunar New Year is so near and it is my prayer that they will not fall sick because of me.

Anyway, today is the second last day of my reservist stint. I was sneezing all the way that it looked rather comical when I was carrying out my duties. I thank the Lord for sustaining me till now and I know He will continue to do so. I pray He will make me well soon as I also wish to enjoy the new year celebration with family and friends.

I am especially excited to visit homes this year as I want to pass God's blessings to my family and friends. The Assistant Pastor of my church challenged the congregation on Sunday to do so and not treat visitations as a drag. He encouraged us not to go through the motion as it can be sometimes. He urged every member and friend to say a prayer of blessing for the families we are visiting.

It never dawned upon me that I can do this - many times I felt that it was pointless to visit certain relatives as it was rather fake to do so. Only seeing them once a year and the reason being the Lunar New Year. Well, I shall change my attitude this year and may the Lord use me to make a difference.

Time for me to end here. I am feeling a little drowsy after taking the flu medication. I shall nap for a while before the meeting commences.

10:35pm

I just came back from the meeting and I praise the Lord it only took the Committee an hour to complete our discussion. Tonight is the last meeting before the Proposed Revised Missions Policy is submitted to the Local Church Executive Committee for approval. Well, all glory to God for seeing the Review Committee through the past three months. It was not an easy time for all as we had to scrutinise every word and paragraph but looking back now, it was all worth it!

Well, my sneezing has eased a little but I am still sniffing. I hope to sleep soon so that I will feel better by tomorrow.

I guess that is all.

Good night, everyone and have a wonderful reunion dinner with your family!

"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.'" Luke 10:5

No comments: