Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Blessed To Be A Blessing

I think all my friends know that I am an avid supporter of Liverpool Football Club - a Reds fanatic basically. Well, this afternoon while I was on my way to Chinatown to buy a couple of new year goodies, I met a couple of other Reds fans in the train along the North-East Line. Nope, they were not Liverpudlians but the Red Devils wearing their Manchester United Football Club jerseys. I was in my Liverpool polo-tee.

The moment I boarded the train, all our eyes were fixed on the emblems of each other's outfit. I turned my attention towards them and we eye-balled each other. We walked around the hand-railing. Our stares got more hostile. Then I raised my right hand - ready to do something I have always wanted to do to my opponents. I walked closer towards these two young men...... and smiled. We shook hands and started talking about English soccer.

We were total strangers but because of one common topic, we were able to talk as if we were good friends.

Some of you might think I am kidding in what I have written above. I did shake the hands of the two gentlemen but we did not do the walking around the railing thingy. I thought I add that to make more dramatic. Haha.

And yes, we spoke about soccer. It was that easy to begin a conversation with strangers. Find a common topic and there you have it. :) I decided to shake their hands because I found it pointless to focus on the rivalry. Haha.

Anyway, it was an effort but it was all worth it. :)

I am very tired now. I cooked dinner for my family's reunion. Though exhausted I am glad my family and my uncle's enjoyed themselves as we feasted together. The theme for the food I prepared this year got to do with anything with the word "DIP".

Other than the usual steamboat where we had to dip the ingredients into the soup, I also did dishes like steamed tiger prawns dipped with wasabi-mayo sauce and then sprinkled with fish roes; a couple of different sauces (chilli with vinegar; peanut butter sauce; sweet and sour sauce; and fish sauce with diced garlic and minced fresh radish) for my family to dip their satayed meat and vegetables. The last dish to mark the closure of the gathering was dessert - pear dipped into melted chocolate and then chilled. Ben and Jerry's were added when served.

Well, as always - after cooking I was unable to eat but I did chomp down the dessert though. :) Just completed all the washing up and finally being able to be seated in front of the computer to account what I did.

Oh yah, I completed my reservist stint this morning.

I guess that is all. All glory to God for today!

Before I go, here's wishing all of you a blessed Lunar New Year. Enjoy!!! :)

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.
who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever.
who spread out the earth upon the waters,
His love endures forever.
who made the great lights —
His love endures forever.
the sun to govern the day,
His love endures forever.
the moon and stars to govern the night;
His love endures forever.
to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt
His love endures forever.
and brought Israel out from among them
His love endures forever.
with a mighty hand and outstretched arm;
His love endures forever.
to him who divided the Red Sea asunder
His love endures forever.
and brought Israel through the midst of it,
His love endures forever.
but swept Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea;
His love endures forever.
to him who led his people through the desert,
His love endures forever.
who struck down great kings,
His love endures forever.
and killed mighty kings —
His love endures forever.
Sihon king of the Amorites
His love endures forever.
and Og king of Bashan —
His love endures forever.
and gave their land as an inheritance,
His love endures forever.
an inheritance to his servant Israel;
His love endures forever.
to the One who remembered us in our low estate
His love endures forever.
and freed us from our enemies,
His love endures forever.
and who gives food to every creature.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever."
Psalm 136

No comments: