Friday, February 22, 2008

God Not Only Listens; He Answers

Crowd at the Padang

Ronald MacDonald was there too!

Singapore! Host of the Youth Olympic Games 2010

Words from the Prime Minister

This morning I was actually planning to meet my accountability group of older brothers-in-Christ but due to a last-minute meeting scheduled at 8:30am in campus, I had no choice but to skip the fellowship.

Anyway, I took half-day leave after that as I need to prepare for the wedding tomorrow for two of my siblings-in-Christ. I have been asked to lead the wedding service in the morning and coordinate the banquet in the evening.

I was in church the whole afternoon - preparing the script for the service; photostating the lists for guests and tables; deciding the sequence for the photography session; calling and messaging a few people up to ensure everything is in order; practising the songs that the couple has chosen for the service; keying in the whole banquet sequence into my smartphone so that it will notify me of what to do next.

After I finished everything it was already evening. I had to meet a brother-in-Christ from Living Waters Methodist Church to obtain a camera lens that I bought over from him. I did not want to buy a first-hand lens due to two reasons: one, it is too expensive especially for a premium lens; two, the price quoted by this friendly gentleman was reasonable and the condition of the equipment was mint.

It is quite interesting to know that the seller is actually a fellow sibling-in-Christ. We spoke a little about his interest in photography and also his experience as a teacher in a Methodist school. Praise the Lord for this opportunity to know a brother from another church.

I have not been able to blog yesterday as I was very tired - a long day at work. I was supposed to meet a sister-in-Christ in the evening but I had to postpone that as I was asked to attend the announcement of the Youth Olympic Games at the Padang. It was an experience to be there especially when the announcement was about to be made. It was tense and every one present was able to feel it as there was a moment of complete silence.

When it was clear that Singapore has won the bid, the cheers were deafening and every one was jumping. Even office workers were there to support the youths and they too celebrated when they heard the good news.

This afternoon I was informed by a sister-in-Christ that her father suffered a heart attack and he is under observation now in hospital. It saddens my heart because I know her father as he is a leader of the church. He actually just recently recovered from renal failure but the Lord healed him after a few months.

I pray for the Lord's will to be done here and that He will take care of this dear brother-in-Christ.

I shall end here. I hope to sleep soon as I need to be in church early. I pray the Lord will lead and guide me in everything I will be doing tomorrow. I know He will because He is a God who listens to every prayer cried out by His creation.

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:13-16

No comments: